View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 02:46 AM   #27
Montana_2342
Established Member

M.O.C. #2342
Little back ground - we have new trailer 1st time out in in it we went to a very underused state park. We stayed out the first weekend and elected to leave the rig in its spot for the next weekend. About Wed the first hard freeze of the year was expected for a couple of days so I took out two space heaters and exposed the piping (left cabinet doors open so it didnt freeze anything up) set the thermostats at 45 degrees and closed the trailer all dark back up again. When we came back 4 days later we found the trailers cool but confortable compared to the 22 degrees outside. I closed everything up and got the family settled down for the evening. We found the first spider on the ceiling about 9 o'clock at night. After it normally gets up to hunt and after the area it was resting was disturbed. The second one we found as we were getting ready to leave after 4 days; my wife had hund a plastic bag between the sink and shower in that small crevice, another perfect place.

In hind sight after reading these posts, the links and what I had already known them, I created a perfect little garden spot to get away from the bad weather in where it normally didn't exhist, I all but invited them in without taking the proper precautions. At least no I am armed with a better understanding so I can make sure they are gone and then prevent it from occuring again.

Once you have seen them it they are hard to miss with the fiddle and the velvet coverings. I am sure there can't be too many more in side the trailer it is bad new - only made 1 payment so it shouldn't be too had to ensure the problem doesn't continue.

Barney
Montana_2342 is offline   Reply With Quote