View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
Pay attention to the weight of the unit you buy and be sure to have an appropriately sized truck to pull it. Keep both in mind when you shop or you may end up with more rv than your truck can handle. It is best to just go to a few dealers and sit in a bunch of units. As you start looking you will find what layout you like and what you can do without. Pretent you are actually using it.

We bought a used 2003, 2880, which has a u shaped kitchen and has the tv at the back by the chairs and couch. The door is toward the front of the unit. All of those points were part of the layout that I wanted. Also it is a smaller unit which I wanted for towing. We tend to stay in state parks which haven't quite figured out that there are some larger units out there and sometimes the roads are too tight for longer units! It took looking at a number of units before we figured out what was and was not important. I would love to have a self contained bathroom instead of the bath being in the bedroom, but it wasn't available in the size and style we wanted.

Good Luck!

Judi
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote