View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
I had that in mind when I decided to go ahead.
I do not think my actual pinbox deflection is very significant when I connect to the truck.
When I took measurements using a post and floor jack to lift the trailer off the front jacks it was really hard to get an accurate measure of the movement.
The pin plate probably lifted about 1/2 inch at the end. the hitch back by the bolts moved about less than 1/8".
The appearance while hitched looks like it should be more but there you have to take in perspective, truck now level, trailer higher/lower in front, background etc.
I'm going to hookup with the new hitch (Demco Recon) this week and see where I am level wise.
The pullrite hitch is a great hitch don't get me wrong. I also have a rolltop bed cover and the pullrite fixed height puts the rear edge of the morryde into the rolltop rails on the side when making a tight turn. Also the pullrite puts the rear edge of the pinbox into the rear corners of the bed when turning and that is where I put my generator. With the sidewinder I can put the genny back in the bed and out of the trailer compartment thereby reducing the pin weight.

BTW, my friend has a Forrest River 5er pulled by a long bed. He bought a short bed RAM like mine and needed a pullrite. While camping I looked at his pinbox and he had a factory sidewinder already on his rig. He did not know what it was. When I told him he got a standard hitch and started to use the sidewinder. He likes it a lot and sold the pullrite.

I'll let you know if I get any sag when I put it all together. Thank you again for your input and information.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote