View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 05:04 PM   #8
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I always carry a spare tire and wheel for the spare tire and wheel. With my 6 pt leveling and cordless impact i can change my tire myself and still have a spare so i can deal with the tire issure when i get home. If you can't do the work yourself then it would be good to at least carry a extra tire so roadside assistance can mount it on your wheel so that you would still have a spare to get home on and not have to pay an arm and leg for some brand of tire you don't like. And yes good G rated tires and TPMS can make for a much less stressful trip.
Just a thought but i hear people doing this, putting the 14 ply tires on lighter campers like 10-12-14 thousand pound campers and using the 4 point leveling jacks to pick the camper up to change a tire or to level a camper( meaning pick the wheels completely off the ground). I would think that would put a lot of stress on the walls and frame. I know just going to a more ply tire would make it ride alot harder , like going from a 6 ply to a 10ply on a pickup sure makes it ride harder
wade is offline   Reply With Quote