View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jliveit

Well for all that have followed and the ones that have not in regards to my past posts with the issues we have with our front cap on our 2011 it only continues.
1. December found 2 obvious prior poor repairs and a flat spot/indentation in front cap.
2. Called Keystone and asked if could bring to factory.
3. Told no to factory, would have to take to dealer.
4. Took to dealer 150 miles away.
5. Dealer said would need new cap and would have to go back to Keystone.
6. Dealer never followed through or contacted Keystone.
7. Called Keystone and they immediately got on it.
8. Keystone got us connected with another dealer and body shop closer to home to take it for estimate.
9. Body shop said could not be repaired, needs knew cap.
10. Keystone orders new front cap.
11. Mfg of cap looks at pictures and says it does not need new cap and they can repair it.
12. Ask how they intend to repair, answer body filler, me not happy.
13. Keystone assures me it will look like new and need to give the mfg. of the cap the chance to make it right, ok understand.
14. OK Here We GO.
Keystone arranges with the new dealer closer to us for a open bay in thier garage for the caps mfg. mobile repair tech to do the work on 6/29/11 at 9:30am. The day before the work is to be done mobile repair tech calls to verify time of 9:30am on the 29th. We arrive at dealer at 9:00 and call the mobile repair tech to see how he is on time and that we are here. Mobile repair tech said he did not know it was a 6 hour drive and would be 3 hours late for appointment. We hang out killing another 3 hours waiting and at 12:30 Mfg. mobile repair tech arrives. What would you be looking for a mobile repair tech to be driving,a service truck, maybe a van, no a small RED BMW ! Now he has just driven 6 hours to do this repair and within 5 minutes has looked at it and says that it can not be repaired and will need a new cap. Gee it seems we are back to the same conclusion I said and everyone else they have sent me to since December. Hauled trailer back home and now waiting again for what and where they want to do and where we need to haul it next. End of story.
I was told several times when I was in business that, "Good Guys Finish Last". Well we practiced taking the high road even when we didn't think it was our fault. Succeded beyond our wildest dreams. Same guys still struggling. Keystone would do well to take the high road, cheapest advertising money can't buy. Maybe they will catch on.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote