View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 07:48 AM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
If you ever have to boondock with your furnace running and want to live with a few lights on and watch TV, you will find 15 hours of battery time is not enough and you will want to fire up your quiet generator and relax. Ask me how I know. We stayed without hookups in 24 F weather and with my furnace running about half the time, a few lights on, my two cheap 12 volts
were starting to draw down pretty good after just 8 hours. It snowed and we stayed for another 8 hours to let the weather settle and I just fired up my quiet little Kipor 2000 Sinemaster and everything was copesetic I checked the spelling on this and it can also be spelled "copacetic" We also got to watch TV with the generator running.
That was the only time I needed the generator on this trip but that is why I bought it and it was sure nice to have. We could barely hear inside the unit and I ran it for about 8 hours.
The rest of the time battery power was fine for overnight. My coach came with cheap batteries but considering I forgot to negotiate that into the deal , I think my Dealer was great for throwing them in for free. I also got a heavy duty sewer hose, heavy duty water hose, brass pressure regulator, all thrown in free with no asking.
This was Fraserway in Delta. I am very pleased with them.
The Island Montana dealer who was thousands higher priced made a point in telling me that batteries would be extra. That comment alone was enough to make us walk. Costco puts their biggest deep cycle RV batteries on sale every now and then and I have always had great luck with them so when these get tired , I will stick with two good 12 volts.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote