Thread: Stuck Slide
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #16
molly

M.O.C. #21769
Send a message via AIM to molly
Thank you everybody for all the help. I used a chopstick for my dip stick and I have beautiful clear hydraulic fluid a little less than halfway up the big(right side) of my pump - I think that is the reservoir in this model. With the slide out, I guessed the rest of the fluid was in the living room slide ram. I also lubed everything and cleaned under the awnings, making sure there was no debris anywhere.

I can't push the button and see the LR slide move at the same time so I had someone go with me, re-install the battery and first tried moving everything out. The noise of the pump (I think it's that, but perhaps I am hearing the motors) changed a lot once the bedroom slide was back out and the living room slide started moaning - but it moved! I had quit too early last time, worried that that unhappy noise was going to kill the pump. I then brought them both in. Again, the pump started making a complaining noise, kind of groaning, but I kept moving it in fits and starts and it finally went all the way in. I think it was feeling like I feel when getting up in the morning - not too spry. Maybe that complaining noise has always been there as the living room slide is so much bigger, heavier and looks more complicated. I hadn't run the slides in so long I have forgotten what they sounded like before.

So, I got some needed maintenance done, have no awful problem - at least there - and didn't have to hire a mobile mechanic. I really appreciate all the tips and responses.
molly is offline   Reply With Quote