View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #8
Fishin2dMax
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20689
I have the Furrion observation camera on the last two 5'er's, including my HC montana. I'm not real happy with the overall picture quality, but I haven't had any issues with signal drop out and it does work for seeing what is directly behind the trailer. Since your problem appears to be intermittent, I highly doubt it is due to low voltage, rather a poor power connection or intermittent signal loss.

When the camera signal drops out, check to see if the blue LED light (illuminates on the camera when powered on) is working. With the trucks running lights on, the rear camera blue LED light should be on. If the blue LED is on, it's not a power problem to the camera.

Another possibility is the wireless signal drop out. The next time the camera doesn't show a signal, move the receiver (monitor) and antenna to see if it comes back on. The Antenna on the camera should be pointed up vertically and the antenna on the receiver / monitor should also be vertical. There is a signal strength indicator on the display that you can watch to adjust antenna to highest signal strength. If the signal is the problem, playing with the receiver and location will validate this.

If you've tried the above to no avail, it is highly possible the camera itself is intermittent. Good luck.