View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #30
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
First off James, your analogy is completely without merit, as those requiring the use of handicap parking spaces did not voluntarily choose their afflilication, unlike we who chose to handicap our selfs by purchasing big rigs.
Second, respect has nothing to due with it. Compassion, caring, kindness, perhaps, but these traits are learned and cannot be legislated.
The laws you mention about smoking, trash, and impeding traffic are all on the books because they pose a danger to others.
Again, I feel your frustration, as I'm sure we have all commented on the smallest camper being in the biggest spot. Jeffba has the only reasonable reaction to this senario, "dagnabbit we should of left earlier".
As you mentioned earlier, when many public parks remodel they are putting in longer sites and upgrading to 50 amp service. What we as big rig owners need to do in the mean time is to encourage our state and federal government to keep on investing in these facilities.
You could always explain your delema to the small camper, maybe even offer him some compensation, and see if he will trade you spaces. Just keep in mind that he has every right to occupy that site. Whatever you do please don't tell him that he is not respecting you, I guarantee you he'll gig his heels in deeper than ever!
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Doesn't mean I don't like you. It just means we don't see eye to eye on this one.

I can tell you this issue is why a lot of local campers put tents up on sites to reserve them days in advance of parking their rigs on the sites. I don't think that is right either but what else can they do?
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote