View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #27
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Obviously two sides with strong, and legitimate, opinions. I am sorta on the fence. It is certainly frustrating to have a long rig at a campground with sites open, but none in which you will fit. And some of the larger sites occupied by small RVs or tents. I do agree that tent campers should not be allowed to occupy sites designed for large RVs. But do not agree that those with shorter RVs should be prohibited from larger sites. Often those larger RV sites are the more desirable ones due to location or view. And everyone with an RV, no matter the size, should be allowed to stay in one. Not everyone can afford an expensive 40' RV and they should not be penalized for that. But they should be limited to RVs, not tents.
My counter to that is: should people who CAN afford a larger rig be penalized for doing so?

I'm not saying that small rig owners don't deserve to camp too. I'm just saying that there should be rules in place at GOVERMENT run campgrounds that make sure that EVERYONES needs are met.

Large RV owners should have the rights to be accommodated just as much as small campers
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote