View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
I do get some channels, but I feel that it should have much better reception than what it is. I don't get ABC at all, .....but of course everybody and their brother's evangelical station and shopping network channel comes in five by five, loud and clear, ...go figure.

Of the channels that I care to watch, there is lots of pixelating, freeze framing, and dropped audio on a lot of channels even when turning the antenna for best signal strength for each. Perhaps I should check it all out with different coax and fittings and see what happens.

Lord only knows how poorly the coax cable and junctions were cobbled together at the factory. They definitely made a complete botch job of the surround sound wiring, with speaker wires jammed willy-nilly into the back of the receiver. It would have been better for them to have not done anything at all, than what they did do. I was flabbergasted.

If old, pre-digital antennae work so good, why do they have new ones optimized for DTV? .......It makes me wonder.

Anyway, sorry about the previous rant. Sometimes I get my knickers in a knot over mechanical/technical things that don't function as they should. I suppose if I figured out how much actual time I have watched free network tv, as opposed to cable tv & DVD's, in my trailer over the last 2 years, ...it would total to probably less than 5 hours. Maybe not so important after all.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote