View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 03:35 AM   #7
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
I could write a whole essay on Santa Fe, since it is my very favorite of all places to visit. I never tire of going there. There is something about the atmosphere of the place that keeps me wanting to come back again and again.
There are several places right downtown that you don't want to miss.
The old church is interesting and you must see it. Of course, the Native Americans have their jewelry on one side of the Plaza for displaying their wares. It is very interesting to see all of the different artists pieces that they have made.
And, if you are really interested in torquoise, there are numerous jewelry stores that you can visit to buy some beautiful stuff.
The restaurants are great...there is one right on the Plaza where we have eaten several times...they serve different kinds of foods, including just plain food. The Mexican food is very good too.
If you have the time, take the High Road to Taos on one of your days there and stop in the little village of Chimayo for lunch. Ranchos De Chimayo is one of the best Mexican restaurants and the atmosphere is perfect...and outdoor veranda is wonderful where you can sit for your meal or either indoors...but, we always choose the veranda. It is not to be missed..one of my favorites...and while you are on the excursion on the High Road to Taos, there are weavers shops along the way where they weave beautiful rugs, placemats, clothing , such as vests and many other things...very interesting to see.
I have tried to give you an overview of what I think are the favorites Maybe I will think of other things, and if I do, I will write more later. Have fun!
Countrygirl or Shirley

Shirley and David

2002 2955RL Montana http://www.dwilliamson.com/mont.jpg
East Texas Country Home
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote