View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #11
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Pete Hanson

My '04 2500 was recalled for the same thing several years ago. I understood from the service mechanic that more than one type of tie rod end was used and mine had the "safe" one. I guess I will call the dealer just to be sure something new hasn't come up. My Dodge has been great with the exception of the ball joints. I have had them replaced twice in under 60,000 miles. The second time I think I got smart and had my own mechanic do it and he used aftermarket ball joints that are actually greasable. I can't understand why a truck manufacturer would use non-greasable joints in the first place or faulty tie rods for that matter. These parts are serious safety issues when they fail and should actually be over designed for any vehicle.
Had the same issue with my Dodge Dakota of the same age. Since my dealer can't do alignments, I already had it somewhere else and they put the aftermarket ball joints in with the grease zerts in them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote