Thread: washer/dryer
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Great idea, Pud2!

On another, washer/dryer-related note, I’m curious.

I’ve heard about all the folks with washers, dryers, washer/dryers, fridges, and freezers in their W/D closets.

I have yet to see one mention how they managed to secure said appliances in those closets.

I just installed a 5 C.F. freezer in ours. It has two flat metal pads in the back for “feet.” So, naturally, I used heavy-duty Velcro pads to make sure it won’t be shuffling around while we drive.

I’m still trying to think of an innocuous way to ge it a bit of support near the front. I’m considering a piece of wood across the top, secured to either side of the closet with screws, and maybe another bit of Velcro to hold it to the top of the freezer.

I’ve already seen how easy it’ll be to put a strip of wood along the left-hand side of the door jam, so I can put a small sliding brass bolt to hold the door closed after I remove the top left sliding door thingy that is on that part of the doors that I’ve used the center bolt to make into a “one-piece” door. (Couldn’t open the freezer’s door with he original sliding doors still functioning.)

Anyone wish to share their method of securing the appliance?

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote