View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #112
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Poor quality control is one thing, but the arrogant indifference Keystone shows it's customers is infuriating. We have had our HC in at least 4 times to fix a balky #2 slide (motor cuts-out when extending and retracting). The first repair was to add rollers under the slides. This cured the problem the first time we took the trailer out, but it quickly reverted to its old habits. Back to the service department, who told me Keystone would not authorize any further repairs. I called Keystone. They asked if the problem was fixed; I told them it worked for a short period of time, but then the slide started to stall when extending/retracting again. Their response was "well according to you it was fixed, so we have no further responsibility" i asked to speak to a supervisor, "I am the supervisor" she said. I asked to speak to whoever was over her head, and was refused.

Dealer had Keystone send out a replacement motor, and replaced it and billed my extended warranty. Slide still did not function properly. Took it back to the dealer. This time, the dealer contacted BAL, the slide mechanism manufacturer, who was surprised that Keystone sent a replacement motor having a "very old" obsolete part number (my trailer was manufactured 3/16). A new "improved" motor is being sent to the dealer, which hopefully will fix the problem. So not only did Keystone use a substandard part to build my trailer, they sent another substandard part to replace it, and refused to honor their warranty within the one-year time limit.

This is only one of the many issues I have had with this trailer. If I ever purchase another 5th wheel, it WILL NOT be a Keystone product. Don't know if any other manufacturer's products are any better, but i will take a chance before going back to Keystone.