View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #9
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
You might need to flush your tank again to get the bleach smell out. If you are not drinking it you should me ok but 2 and one half cups is quite a bit of bleach. It won't hurt it but the last time i flushed mine i used about a cup and a half and and it left quite a bit of smell. I just wonder how many people don't flush at all.I don't drink my water but i still like bacteria free water when taking a shower.
We bought this camper last March and we are finding out the previous owner did nothing as far as maintaining the unit. That's the reason we used so much bleach as the smell was strong coming out of the water at the tap. I flushed the tank twice before deciding to wait a while before flushing again. I really believe this was a repo unit because the things we found wrong with it after purchase would have made it unusable. The dealership we bought it from did little if anything to prepare it for a new owner.

When we bought it we trusted the dealership that all systems were good to go but found out there were some major problems with the gray water and black water gate valves. I guess they thought we were going to buy an extended warranty which would have covered the problems, but we didn't. After a lot of going back and forth we finally got it repaired.

We found the interior threshold door hand rail gone. The mattress was missing in the bedroom. The floor in the bathroom was burned because the heated floor element was defective and would over heat. This is only the second time I have bought a used camper and will never do it again.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote