Thread: Helpful hints
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #22
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAwolcott View Post
A little back story.. My wife and I bought our first travel trailer in 2006. I however, had a pop up before that and towed things on the farms in Pa and towed aircraft around in the Navy, so I was used to towing and backing things up. When my wife (love her dearly!) wanted to help direct me backing in, I used to get so frustrated because I had no idea what she wanted me to do. Her arms were waving around so badly that I didn't know if she wanted me to turn left, right, or if she was waving off the space shuttle! I read an article recently and put it to use this past weekend leaving our spot at Grandfather Mountain Campground. 3 words; Driver, Passenger, Straight. If I needed the rear of the camper to go towards the drivers side, she said driver...and so on. It worked great and we were out of a site not meant for big rigs (even though they said it was) in no time! So for those of you that have the communication issues like we did, try it, I think you'll be happy you did.
Years ago after launching our boat my wife said I'll go park the truck an trailer I said you sure? yeah it will give you a break. She hit 3 parked boat trailers and didn't even know it.