Thread: Wireing problem
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Wireing problem

I am having a problem running my small 2hp 110v air compressor in my 3400RL. I have it plugged into the basement receptacle. When it starts up it will run for maybe 15-20 seconds and then trip the circuit breaker. The circuit that it is on is labeled "Bedroom" in the distribution panel. It is the 15amp side of a 15/20 amp double Square D type HOMT breaker. After it trips the breaker I can reset the breaker and it will run for another 10 seconds maybe. Each time I reset the breaker it will run for less time. I have nothing else turned on on the circuit. I checked with my dealer today and he said I should look for a loose connection either at the breaker or receptacle. I checked the breaker and it was tight. The receptacle is a ground fault type and I believe Keystone could not have found a cheaper one to use. It uses the "plug in the wires" type of connection. They do seem to be tight. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the breaker to trip off other than being a bad breaker or just pulling too many amps. The info plate on the compressor says it pulls 12 amps.

Thanks for any info anyone might have.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote