View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 01:38 PM   #13
Kiwi2000
Established Member

M.O.C. #22217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRman View Post
Ref Black Tank:
When we're camped for months at a time (our usual WorkCamping or Snowbirding life), we dump once a week, flush with the Black Tank Flusher several times - once after cleaning toilet with Toilet Cleaner or Conditioner, Laundry Detergent and Calgon Water Softener and letting sit for a while. When finished (we use a Clear Extension so we can watch "Sewer TV" and see when the tank is mostly clean -aka no solids), Close Valve and run flusher for 60 seconds to put water in the tank for the next week (so stuff floats, not plops). Clean toilet again with Happy Camper Tank Treatment (we've tried MANY others not as good) and it goes into the tank with the next flush. We use Northern Two Ply TP, don't flush after every pee, and the Tank has never been filled by the both of us in a week. We also use other Bathrooms at work, while we shop, go out, etc A LOT. The Black Tank Sensors work partially using this approach (not full after dumping).

We keep the Galley Tank closed for a week, unless it gets stinky before then. We rarely fill it up in a week, but sometimes do and have to dump it. Its Tank Sensors usually ALWAYS show full even after dumping and after being pressure watched.

We keep the Gray (Bath) Water Tank open until 2 days before dumping so we have Gray Water to flush the sewer hose after dumping the Black. We've learned the hard way that we can only use the Gray for 2 days/4 showers/sink use - if we go 3 days, the tank cracks. Even after just 2 days its more full than our Black Tank (as observed via "Sewer TV"). Sometimes I fill up and dump the Gray during the week to keep it cleaner as "scum" can build up (and its the only tank that the Tank Sensors work reliably).

For the weeks or months that the RV is parked in Storage, we dump all tanks and leave them empty beforehand.

That works for us. Hope it helps!
Yes I think I will do this as well. For a few weeks break I will leave a couple gallons of water and chemical in the black and the grey and galley dry. For long term storage all tanks will be dry.
Thanks for all the help I believe we can called this thread solved.
Kiwi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote