View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #18
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
I have both a Champion 3500 RV generator and a Yamaha 2400iS inverter generator. I got the Champion first, and it ran everything in the 5er with ease as long as I didn't turn everything on at once. The first thing my wife said when I ran the Champion was "my that is loud". I agreed and bit the bullet and got the Yamaha. It is quieter and will still run anything in the 5er, but fewer at one time. I thought I would keep the Champion for home use, but during this winters power outages, I ended up using the Yamaha - mainly because it is much more efficient on fuel and lighter in weight. The problem with the Champion is that it is running at full RPM constantly and is therefore louder, while the Yamaha varies it's RPM with the load. I think if the Champion was able to vary it's RPM the same way, I might not have gotten the Yamaha - even though it would still be louder than the Yamaha. As for cleaner power vs dirtier power, I couldn't tell the difference between the two generators while running applications in the 5er.
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote