View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

I-94 from Minneapolis then 1-39 to CR17 and Kankakee like Carol says. There is one small toll at Rockford but very small and the road is great. Do not take Hwy 30 thru Chicago Heights. We made that mistakee once and never again. I would rather take 80/90 than that one.

Helen
Helen, Chicago Heights is a "beauty" just don't stop, or have any type of problems. I assume it looks the same in parts of LA. Bad inner city blight. Go 7 miles directly east and your in front of my property. Avg homes being built here are 300k, not bad. New subdivisions within .5 mi 1 to 3 million so the area will change quick once you leave Il. US 30 is a great 4 lane road and is not so extremly far south as Kankakee Il. Taking US 30 or US 6 is a great alt to the expressways going East/West.

This is just a simple explanation since I live in this area.
Chuck
PS Dave areas around Fl dominated by a certain mouse also make me cringe, so it is just what you are use to when pulling the 5th. The trip from Wi down thru Il will be congested but very doable. Tell me what you want to do and I'll give you the latest on the roads and construction since I know guys traveling it daily for work.
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote