Thread: Hopeful Owners
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 09:37 AM   #13
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
Danette and Fred,

I have a 2005 3685FL and love it, but as stated often, the floorplan is very personal so go with what suits you. I totally agree with the statement that you should look at the unit with all slideouts retracted. I travel a lot and like to take a break at rest stops. I found some units have features such as the refigerator inaccessable if the slideout is retracted.

I also do lots of computer work on the road, but felt a laptop would work at the table or couch, and personally didn't see the need for a computer work desk, although many folks look at that as a plus.

I wanted the dual couch because they also fold out onto beds. I am a NASCAR fanatic, and the extra beds allow me to bring friends.

The 3685 front living room is elevated, so if you are in a scenic area, you have a higher view. Again, this is why *I* selected the 3685. It all boils down to PERSONAL choice and what suits me may not at all be what suits you. Like I tell my wife (and it drives her crazy), "The reason Baskin-Robbins has so many flavors is because different folks like differnt things."

I will say that the fact you are looking at the MONTANA shows your intelligence is above average...
montanared is offline   Reply With Quote