View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey Will, I have heard what Tom says several times from several people and it still makes no sense to me. At home I connect to 15 amp shore power and disconnect the batteries from the rig to connect them to a 110v Battery charger/conditioner. In other words, the batteries are NOT connected to the trailer and all the 12v systems work pretty good even then including the propane detector. If after this, I disconnect the shore cable, the propane detector will scream briefly (because of the power loss) and then silence itself and the indicator light goes out like there is no power (as expected, since the batteries are not connected).

I can't remember which but it is recommended the slides or the landing gear be done with the batteries in place, so I will level the trailer prior to disconnecting the batteries, or reconnect the batteries to operate the slides even when at home to gain access or test things. But then I will disconnect the batteries and put them back on the Battery minder. No problems so far.

As for what Fancherra is experiencing, that's way out of my league. So far, some MOC electrical experts have commented, and I hope to see some more, like Ozz or others. I sure like learning about their debugging and resolution techniques. I continue to learn enough to know I should still rely on their expertise.

Good luck to you Fancherra. Keep after the dealer for help. You might also want to get Keystone involved as well, just to keep them up-to-date so they can't claim ignorance.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote