Thread: Just Venting...
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 05:30 PM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Had exactly the same thing happen in our storage facility three years ago. In fact it was the storage facility who called and told me they observed marks on my rig while walking the lot. Can't believe how similar our damage compared to yours. Couple of scratches on the front cap and the rubber molding marked in one place and pulled from the channel in another place. It matched marks on the trailer next to me, only his were just a few inches from the back of his rig. Obvious he didn't pull forward enough before starting his turn when exiting his spot. I was able to pop the molding back in the track. Rubbing compound and a little wax fixed the scratches. Left the owner a note explaining what happen and ask he insure clearance before starting his turn in the future. Left my number. He called a few days later, apologized, offered restitution, and didn't realized he even clipped me. He only had his rig out for a weekend and didn't even noticed the 8 inch scratches on his trailer side. Admitted he was new to pulling a trailer and still getting use to it. Nice guy, I believed him, told him to chalk it up to experience. Now if my unit was brand new like yours I probably wouldn't have been as calm. Sometimes things happen unbeknownst to the offender and if no one gets hurt everything else can be repaired.