Thread: Just Venting...
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
Captain 'Murica
Established Member

M.O.C. #21304
Just Venting...

Last month I picked up a brand new 2018 Montana HC 385BR. I took it down to Disney and it was awesome. When we got home I put it in storage and didn't go back until today to pick it up for a trip this weekend. When I got there I noticed that somebody hit my new trailer. When I notified the storage lot they told me to file a police report and go through my insurance since we couldn't tell who it was .

I called the Sheriff and went back down to my camper and started "investigating". I measured distance between the damage marks and then started looking around at other trailers on the lot. The spot next to me had a trailer that was damaged...and the damage marks were exactly the same distance apart as the damage on my camper.

I insisted that the property manager check the security cameras to see if they caught the incident. Turns out it happened last weekend and they caught the guy clear as day on camera. It was a trailer that belonged to a company. After contacting them they played dumb, but agreed to pay for the damage.

I just can't believe that somebody would do damage to somebody else's property and then walk away like nothing happened. Then the fact that the property was just going to write it off on my insurance without checking is incredible. I'm just lucky that it was caught on camera and that the sheriff was cool (he is the one that contacted the company and told them to pay or he would file a hit and run report).

I have an appointment to take the trailer in on Monday to CW for repairs. Who knows how long that will take, but at least it will get fixed and I don't have to pay for it.

/Rant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180404_142759.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	1465  
Captain 'Murica is offline   Reply With Quote