View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
casey.2
Established Member

M.O.C. #5166
Axle question on a 2004 3575RL

Ok, I notice that my passenger rear tire SEEMS to be wearing on the inside tread. I call a local Axle shop, (listed in my manual), and ask what the cost would be to check the axle and "align" or bend straight. I'm told if it's already bent, it's too late and I need to replace. Further, I'm told that the 6,000 lb axle set currently on the trailer is too light anyway as they should be 7,000 lb for my model. I purchased the trailer in March of 2006 and have put approximately 6,000 miles on it. It had'nt been titled prior to my purchasing and I was always wondering, and a little concerned about the 6 lug wheels,(hence 6,000 lb axles). NOW I'm really concerned. Can't they merely check the alignment? I thought I read here somewhere in here that the axles could be straightened if bent, should I play it safe and replace? We're talking $2,000.00 for axles and wheels. I have an extended warranty but I wonder how far that'll really get me in the end. I appreciate any feedback you may have to offer. Thanking you in advance.

Casey.2
2006 Ford Super Duty Super Crew 4X4 FX4
2004 Montana 3575 RL
casey.2 is offline   Reply With Quote