View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #27
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bonanza

I need help with my second AC unit. Im confused. I have a 2000 Montana 3280RL and I added the smaller matching AC to the bedroom using the existing wire that was prewired in the vent opening. However even with 50 amps I can only run one at a time. There is a switch in the ceiling next to the original unit in the living room that is like a light switch. To use the bedroon unit, I have to flip that switch which kills the power to the living room unit. How do you get power to both at the same time?
Thanks
Mine came that way as well. If you understand house wireing or know someone that does, the solution is pretty simple. I separeated out the BD AC from the trailer at the switch in the roof. Throw switch away. I snaked a 10/2 w ground romex wire into the closet inside the celing panels run it to the left side went down through the floor. Dropped the plastic cover on the underside outside of the trailer, run the wire into a electrical box anywhere in the front to your convienance, and make a short pigtail to plug into a extension cord. I put mine below the left propane tank so nothing has to be open and sheds water away from electrical cord. At almost every CG right next to the 30 amp recepticle is a 15 amp recepticle. No 50 amp charges and gives two seperate circuts. I can run both like I am right now here in San Antonio and Keeping an easy 73 deg inside. This is also a safety feature if you travel with pets. If the breaker was to go out one I have never had it go out on both.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote