View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 03:17 AM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy

Bingo all of the circuits in the RV that have a fuse in the main panel are fed by both the batteries, (when not disconnected) and the converter. Among those fuses there is one for the fridge, I hate to tell you but the fridge will run off the converter with the batteries disconnected. You are not always wrong of course, perhaps confused but not wrong LOL, but please do test my findings for yourself.
Ed,
I should have been more specific. I meant to say that I do not believe the fridge will work with the battery disconnect engaged when there is no shore power present. I was referring to the occasions when we turn the fridge on in transit. I do not know this as a fact for every model, but as stated, I always make sure the battery disconnect is disengaged when we are travelling with either the furnace or the fridge on. I do know that the furnace will not run with the battery disconnect switch engaged when there is no shore power present. The pets can testify to that (or can they?) from a mistake made a few years ago that tested their fur coat insulation ratings!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote