Thread: Washer & Dryer
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #51
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
3PAC ... Sorry but I've got to throw in my 2 pennies' worth here as well. I've not read either of Sandra Jones' books, but I have to tell you I have a serious problem with anyone who professes to know everything about any topic.

Everyone has different storage needs and uses their storage space differently, so to make a blanket statement about how anyone uses their space is irresponsible. We have been full-timing for five years ... with a stack washer and dryer ... and we've always had everything we needed with us. I insisted on a stack w/d simply because I was not willing to change my 30+ year routine to gain what amounts to the equivalent of the inside of the refrigerator in additional storage. And I won't even go into the issue of my time.

This will sound like bragging to some, and it probably is, but I am very good at using our storage space. In addition to the w/d, our "laundry room" holds a box of winter hats and gloves, all of the laundry supplies (2 large baskets worth), a large collapsible laundry basket, a backpack, my purse and 2 jackets. (Our previous Montana was a 3295 and when we moved into our 3400, even I was amazed at how much stuff I had been able to pack into it. The storage space in that model is fantastic ... I could be wrong, but I think it has the most storage of any of the Montanas.)

I hope I haven't offended you, 3PAC, that was certainly not my intent. I don't post on the MOC very often anymore, but people like Sandra Jones irritate the crap out of me and I just had to respond ... how could she possibly know how any of us use our space, let alone know everything about RVing? As I previously stated, we have been full-timing for just over 5 years now and we're both still learning about our rigs and RVing ... I hope I never stop learning ... about everything!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote