View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
My belief is that your hitch should be an 18k unit. Still running bf Goodrich on my ford and they have been good, but I have been thinking of too open country for the f350 when these wear out. Pin weights are empty calculations by keystone, so if your gross on the high country is 14k, then pin would be approx 2800 to 3500 # using 20-25% to get this number. Anything keystone put in the unit that is above the basic unit was on top of the empty weight and takes away from the cargo capability...only a cat scale will reveal what your unit actually weighs. Sailun tires was mentioned by someone already as the only good Chinese tire, load range g, at this time. I would certainly agree that they would be very worthwhile on your rig to get away from the throw-away load range e tires that keystone puts on. Exhaust brake would also be a great investment in keeping downhill speeds comfortable and safe. Fulltiming is great for us...into start of year seven now. There are so many cool places in this country and the travel makes for a super education for the kids. Welcome to the group. John