View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
CWSWine
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18254
Oh No Another New Guy

We just purchased a Montana 3711FL and we pick it up on 11 Feb. 2016. We have a 2015 F350 SRW PSD with CC of 3744 and according the the handout the 5er had pin weight of 2530 lbs. Looking at the floor plan with the fridge, most of the kitchen cabinets behind the forward edge of the forward axle and the bathroom and bedroom aft of the axles we thought we would be fine on pin weights. Even the front basement is only 16.5" wide so not much storage there either. Now after the fact we found out he pin weight on 3711FL for 2016 is 2790 lbs and dry weight of 13200 the handout quoted the pin weight for a 3710FL. Now we are worried - we hope that lack of storage forward of the axles will negate any weight added by batteries and propane. I had a max dry pin weight of 2250 in my head but talk myself in to this one for the above reasons thinking it was 2530 lbs pin weight. This is the one with front window.

Pass scale weights we added about 1200 lbs to dry weight so hopefully that we keep us under or GVWR. I would say that 80% of that will go over or behind the axles and all the heavy basement stuff going in the 2nd basement behind the axles. I will know for sure Thursday since we drive right by scales on the way home and the 5er will be loaded for weekend style trip. Hope this didn't cause a another truck upgrade.

Think if I told the wife if she wants to added a pound new stuff to the 5er she will need to loose pound of weight. Think that will work
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote