View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by prariepoodle

I did a search for Cleaning Day/night shades and found that there is no easy way to clean them. Most say that they cannot be cleaned, I did find one person that said to use compressed air but I am thinking that would take a lot of cans. Also I found one site that said to put them up at least 3 or 4 times a day so they don't loose the pleats. They said that if you leave them down all the time they will go flat. Boy am I in trouble cause I like mine down all the time. I use thoes swiffer duster things to dust them off so if any of you come up with a way to clean them I sure would like to know.
Other than the occasional vacuuming we have no idea how to clean them either.

As far as the leave them down all the time they will go flat. That is totally bogus. We have our Montana since September 2003 and the 2 day/night shades in the bedroom are rarely if ever up. The ones in the living area are down the majority of the time. In our present location the rig faces west and therefore we have the hot sun all day. The day/night shades in the living/dining area have not been put up since we got here back in October AND the all pleats are still there.

Actually I could careless how to clean them. As soon as these shades need anything more than the vacuum they are out of here to be replaced by mini blinds. At least when they get dirty you can take them out and wash them.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote