View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by earl

hello, we are just getting ready to become full timers and am in a quandry as to what truck to buy. I am a Ford guy but I am hearing a lot of nightmare srories about the Ford desiel engines. Will the 3/4 ton do the joj or do we need bigger. I drove a chevy and was impressed with it . Any info will help Thanks
There should be no quandry. You buy the truck for the job. Since we don't know what 5er you're going to purchase, there's no way we can provide an intelligent reply for you. We pull our Montana with a Ford F-250 Power Stroke. Some will say the truck is too small. It was the truck we had at the time we bought the Montana and we didn't have the money available to get a bigger truck. We should have a bigger truck based on the load we're towing. But, be that as it may, we will stick with what we have for the time being.

Any of the big 3 trucks will do the job, assuming they are properly load related. Do some research, ask questions of the dealers, get things down in writing before you even begin to think about which truck you're going to go with. Once you've made the decision, stick with it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote