View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
There comes a time when companies need to come out of the old times and move into the modern world. It is nice to say that old world craftsmanship is use in the wood work but what about the electrical, hydraulic, and cable systems. It does not strike me as a good thing to have old world craftsman working on these systems (and it shows), or is Montana using system designers and electrical people off the streets. Why are others making units more user friendly with components where you need them (outlets, switches, and TV/entertainment system wiring). Overall we choose the Montana after 2 years of research because we felt it was the best unit on the market that fit in the tow weight, price, and livability that we wanted, this is still true, but we did this with the trade off of other convinces.

Other units we looked at with Old World Craftsmanship were not any better built than the Montana. The were pretty but under the surface they were no better constructed than the Montana, and many, even at higher prices were worse.

We are still happy with our Montana, but we went into it with our eyes open and knew that we were going to have to fix somethings once we got it. I also feel that we are lucky with the few minor problems we have had over the last year. But I still feel that the main complaint, as stated on this forum many times, is that the RV industry in general needs improvement in their Quality Control.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote