Thread: Lusk, Wyoming
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Lusk, Wyoming

Super neat drive from Loveland to Lusk, beautiful rugged country. Houses and outbuildings back against the bluff, a few trees around them, thousands of acres around the settlement. Neat. Bluffs, Mesas, rolling Prairie. What a beautiful country we live in.
We drove into the small town of Lusk, lots of activity going on, it seems there is a reenactment of Rawhide Days at the Fairgrounds, horses, teepees, and luckily, the parade will be coming by our RV site, we are right on the small side-street and the parade route, we are excited.
I got my bike out first thing and rode up to the Fairgrounds, all the horses are in individual pens lining the fence half way around the grounds, they are making horse noises, and seem to be quite excited. They all looked at me as I rode by the fence perimeter. (Had my shirt on..) I rode downtown, looking for good places to eat. Seems like the old drive in place with the three-tiered faded sign is the go-to-place, a big line up to the window. 'Broasted Chicken', the sign says. I guess that is a good thing. We will try it if I can get the chicken to stay in my bike carrier….
I rode back to the other side of town to the last truck stop in town, a bunch of bikers rode out in a long line, Sturgis bound, I would guess...
Well, got to go get the Chicken.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote