Thread: Goodyear
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:22 AM   #56
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Everyone has heard of them. In 3 -5 years we will know how good they are. BUT when Marathons came out they were good and GY turned them to junk. Not going to trust GY. The Endurance are not really a beast when beside Sailun but so far they seem very good.
Hi

When I first had a problem with the Marathons on our 2009 I called my commercial tire dealer about them.

He read me a letter from Goodyear that basically said they were not designed or intended to be used on trailers like ours.

When I read the letter in person it also stated that the tire was not intended to be used on tandem axel trailers.

It went on to say the following manufactures had been informed and the list included all of the trailer manufacturers including Keystone.

And Keystone kept on putting them on these trailers.

The tires had proved themselves on the lighter trailers but the heavy trailer they weren’t up to.

I pulled a lighter 10 year old fifth wheel trailer 1,000 miles to a hunt camp in West Virginia with the original Marathons on it without a single problem. I was so worried about them I took all 4 of my G614s mounted on the 80 psi wheels with me.

After the hunt season was over I towed it back without incident.

I don’t recommend them and wouldn’t by them but I don’t blame Goodyear because a shoddy builder continued to use and inferior tire on their equipment after the manufacturer informed them it wasn’t suitable.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote