View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #42
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
I have no dog in this fight. But how about keeping to the OP’s request. He has said he has no interest in the Andersen.

Andersen vs conventional should be a discussion of its own for those interested. And comparing failure rate of an Andersen to a conventional hitch is ludicrous. The Andersen is relatively new and probably outnumbered by 100 to 1 by conventional hitches. So for one Anderson failure you would have to name 100 conventional failures. One for one means nothing.
But keep in mind there are others reading this looking for information. He doesn't get to make statements that are opinions and present them as a fact. Next, failure rates are a direct comparison, no matter how many of each there are. They are represented as a ratio, like "X per 100,000.". That quantifies a comparison of failures. As soon as someone, anyone, shows a higher failure rate for Andersen, I'm getting rid of mine. Until that happens it's entirely anecdotal evidence and opinion and that means statistically worthless. Sort of like "My grandpa smoked a pack a day and lived until he was 103." Meaningless, worthless information. I'm a statistician. I am swayed by comparative data and facts. Unfortunately, other people here trying to get valid information to help in their own search might be swayed by unfounded opinions. I wouldn't even bother trying to change the OP's alread-made-uo mind. That would be wasted effort. I'm trying to help inform the others reading this.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote