View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 AM   #9
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
To answer the questions:

Yes Steve she is our Granddaughter - tho' sometimes I think we have adopted her - she was with us for our recent 5000 mile trip in 7 weeks which was just soooooo good. We are taking advantage before she starts Kindergarten in September which will make it harder for us to "steal" her!

The vent ends up very low on the side of the monty behind the door (when it is opened) - just out of sight on the pictures but it's about 6 inches behind the door catch.

We decided on floor mount (probably not too hard a decision really) - Diana needed to have the 2 shelves above the w/d left so I took some wire baskets and used plastic locking ties to keep them in place. Room on top of w/d for the plastic washing basket. We really lost very little storage room in the basement - with a bit of judicious sorting out we seem to actually have everything fitted in even better than before - maybe just having to reorganise was a good thing.

The actual install was very neat but I did forget to mention one important feature that added to the stability of the w/d. The unit is now mounted (free standing not bolted) on a wooden plinth that is covered in carpeting. Seems to make it very stable.

Final small adjustment was adding a catch on the doors to prevent them opening while travelling.

Diana loves the w/d and in my book if "the boss" is happy then by default I am ecstatic!

(BTW Jerry about 8 years before you were doing your "Semper Fi" stint I was doing a "Per Ardua Ad Astra" stint.)
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote