View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WACOT

I think cell phone service, satellite TV & internet service depend on one central component, ( is there a tower within a few miles of your location and what is the line of sight to your antenna). There have been times when we could not use our phone while traveling across the SW part of the country when you are 100 miles or more from anywhere, but for the most part is works pretty well. It may be that some of the other systems would work well out there, it just depends. By the way. The USACE park we work at uses Hughes satellite for connection to the national reservation system and if a bird fly's by or a cloud passes the signal goes with them, very slow as well.
We use the Starband High Speed Satellite Internet Service and we've never had anything but great success no matter where we are located in the U.S. Birds flying by have no affect on signal strength. But of course, we bought the best package offered, $99/month. Since my wife maintains several church and Christian Ministry websites, I saw the need for her to have instant internet access. Using her Verizon phone was just to slow and unreliable for this type of thing.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote