View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #54
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I just talked to a man, he and his wife live 9 miles from me. He traveded to Oregon and back on VEGETABLE OIL.. It was documented and put in the Topeka, KS Paper. He pulled a older 34' 5th wheel with his 1996 7.3 Ford....The trip cost him and his wife A little over $100.00 dollars for regular diesel fuel..Which he used just long enough to get the Vegetable oil warm and then switched over. He got additional Vegetable oil during this trip from eating establishments along the way. His filter system for that used oil cost $150.00 to set up... He said is was a bit messy to start with until he got better at it... I have been invited over to his home to look over the set up. His wife still works and they have a Mercedes that she drives back and forth on Vegetable oil also. His system require's two tanks. One of regular Diesel and an auxillary for the Veggie oil. He heats this up with the water from the engine, piped through a car heater which is installed inside the auxillary tank... One man's way of getting around the fuel charges... I know there are few that would actually do this. BUT SOME ARE.. Think about the distance he travels for $100.00. I do think Rich would look a little SILLY out behind a restaraunt (Helen as lookout) while he sucked used veggie oil ha ha ha, Something to think about..
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote