View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #61
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
No, no ,no, you guys just don't get it. 3 separate teams of engineeres from 3 different manufactors spent thousands of hours and millions of dollars designing these trucks. Then the unfathonable happened...they all miraclaciously came up with the exact same 10,000 lb GVWR! B. S. GVWR is an arbitrary figure used by the manufacturer for their benifit. In the case of a 3/4 ton it is mainly for registration and licensing purposes. For 1 tons it is a figure that they feel will cause them the least amount of warranty repairs. Explain to me how 1 extra "magic" spring can substantially increase the GVWR when all other components are the same. I'd wager to bet that a 3/4 ton with air bags is safer than a 1ton SRW. It is axle and tire ratings that you don't want to exceede. As far as getting sued, they have to prove that you being overweight contributed to the accident. If you are driving a 3/4 ton with air bags and are within the limits of a 1ton SRW of the same make and model it would be hard to argue that over weight contributed to the cause. If you need a dually then you should get one, but not everyone does.