View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 01:23 AM   #27
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
We are very pleased with our Mountaineer and only had 2 minor problems when we first got it (which our dealer resolved immediately) and none since (other than a broken window which is not Keystones fault). Yes I have heard horror stories from others but they seem to be the minority. On the other hand my parents recently traded an older (1990) Monoco Class A in on a 2005 Cardinal they have had out twice and both times they had to cut their trip short to take it back to the dealer for MONTHS of repairs. They just took it back last weekend and apparently the gas lines are run incorrectly with flexible line instead of the solid lines on my Mountaineer and the dealer says he hopes he can get it back to them by June/July but they are going to have to take a large amount of the unit apart to work on it (Forest River told the dealer to fix it rather than just replacing the unit). The only reason they did not go with a Montana is that none of the dealers would take such an old trade and the Cardinal dealer would (after 2 years of trying to sell it on their own). Point is no matter what you buy some lemons come off the assembly line, and we all hope that no matter what brand you buy you don't get one.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote