Thread: Low lp pressure
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ed, do you have the same problem regardless of which side is being used?

If the problem is just when propane is coming from one side, maybe this will help. Your rig probably has the main regulator on one side. On the other side there is a small red regulator (was on ours, anyhow). Those little regulators are intended to keep you from locking the tank valve by opening the valve too quickly. When you do that, propane rushes out to go across to the regulator and the tank valve thinks you have a leak. So it locks the valve and there is no flow. If that happens, take the tank out, turn it upside down for a few minutes, then reinstall it.

That little red regulator has been problematic for many of us. After two replacements going bad and causing the problem you described, I tossed that red regulator in a drawer. I went to Ace Hardware and got an adapter. Neither Lowe's nor Home Depot had what I needed. The adapter has a different size on the female side than on the male side. I took the red regulator with me to match the sizes. I then put the adapter in place of the red regulator and no more problem. I do have to remember to open the tank on that side slowly to allow the pipes to fill at a slow rate, then open them all the way. But we have no more pressure problems.

If your problem differs, then never mind.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote