View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #14
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
With a MH there are to many systems to have problems with. Deasel engine, all have generators and the toad engine. If you need propane you have to take your whole house to get it. Then there is backing up with the doad. Plus the MPG being low. Ok on to the safety very seldom (in my case never) do you see a 5er burning on the side of the road. In the seven years I have been RVing I have seen four MH either burning or the after math of the fire. One close to home where four people were killed. A close friend who is a deputy Sheriff here in our county was about 3 cars behind the the MH and tried to help the people inside to no avail. He told me that it is common for some MH to have the propane tank right behind the right front tire and sometimes when the tire goes it ruptures the propane tank.
So $250,000 plus say $20,000 for the toad plus high registration and insurance or say $65,000 for the 5er and $62,000 for the TV much lower registration and insurance. The convenience of not having to disconnect when you need to back up. Only one engine to deal with and the ability to upgrade the TV to the latest technology whenever you want to. In my mind there is no comparison. JMHO.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote