Thread: Pulling in CA
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:07 AM   #15
Montana Fan
prndl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: 1000 oaks
Posts: 441
M.O.C. #19630
Trailer Towing License Requirements in California


A noncommercial driver license is issued in the following two classes:

Noncommercial Class A
Noncommercial Class B
A Noncommercial Class A license is required if you tow:

a travel trailer weighing over 10,000 lbs. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) which is not used for hire.
a fifth-wheel travel trailer weighting over 15,000 lbs. GVWR which is not used for hire.
a livestock trailer that is not for hire, weight over 10,000 lbs. GVWR but not over 15,000 lbs. GVWR, and is operated within 150 miles of the farm by a farmer to transport livestock.
A Noncommercial Class B license and endorsement is required if you operate:

A housecar over 40 feet but not over 45 feet.

Exemptions: Holders of a commercial Class A or B license, a noncommercial Class A license, and all fire fighter license classes.
prndl is offline