View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #42
fulltilt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #16056
Roof Membrane Replacement - AC

Hi Everyone
Today I completed installation of all the devices on the roof, including both AC’s & Sat Dish. I still have to reinstall the gutter extrusions which will then ty down the membrane along the sides & of course, then I have to apply “self-leveling caulking” along all seams & fasteners.
I decided to do some maintenance on both AC’s before I installed them. This included, chemically cleaning both evaporators & both condensers. On the 15K rear unit you can see evaporator plenum insulation which deteriorated & was picked up in the airstream & collected in a few areas of the condenser, along with cottonwood fluff, & lots of dirt ! Both units cleaned up well, I also replaced foam gasketing used to separate conditioned air from unconditioned air, I also reglued several foam gaskets which the glue had dried out & allowed the foam to fall to the bottom of the units, resulting in air bypass. I purchased the foam seal mounting kits from Camco & found that they have made improvements, in particular the foam blocks which maintain clearance between the compressor mounting bolts & the roof as I mentioned in my first couple of posts.
Tomorrow I will wire up the AC’s & a “fantastic fan” that I installed in the bathroom in place of the original skeleton motor unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8210070.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	4525   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8210069.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	4526   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8210073.jpg
Views:	31