View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Nope, can't get close to the tire shop I'm looking at using. Two-lane hilly/mountainous, no shoulder, no place to park, etc. Nuts.

We have used this shop for tires on the company truck and they did a good job. They know tires.

Owner/manager of tire shop is a USMC buddy with a contractor here (also a Marine). Contractor said he would try to get us a discount.

Bottom line, I trust them as opposed to going to a chain place where I know no one.

Problem is access. This is a rural area and there is no way period to get the rig there or close. Heck, the roads going there are so narrow and tree-lined/overhanging that my Monty wouldn't even fit on the roads.

Additionally, moving our rig is a big project. We are full-timers static working and semi-permanently hooked into sewer, etc. Can be done, of course, but is a MAJOR effort. The best way to have the tires put on in the immediate future is someone come here. Otherwise, we'd have to find a big franchise place to stop at the next time we go somewhere - like in the Spring.

TYR is offline   Reply With Quote