View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 06:39 AM   #15
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
worked for me

OK so this is what I did to lower the table to as close to 30 inches off the floor which is an industry standard starting from the Cave Man days to the Colonial days to today I mean go measure George Washington's desk it's 30 inch off the floor go measure Linclon`s dining table it's 30 inches off the floor so Keystone decided to make ours 33 inches and it's just plain uncomfortable, but I understand they know more than 3000 years of table making, idiots.
This is simple but time consuming and it worked for us, YMMV cause our legs aren't thick or shall we say plus size ( no offense intended here ) The table slides into a little alcove above a front fascia board ( see pic 1 where I notched the front fascia board ). Mark where the sides NOT the top but sides of the table cross this front fascia board plus 1/8 to ¼ inch wider for fudge factor on both sides ( see pic 1 ). I determined that it can be notched 1 1/8 inch down before it hits the op of the outside TV box. Measure the distance that the sides of the table sits above the front fascia board and remember that measurement for later ( mine was ½ inch ). The table is held to the wall with 4 to 6 screws and to the floor with 2 screws, remove all screws and remove table, metal side piece and metal up rights as one piece ( HEAVY, GET THE WIFE TO HELP ) and lay flat on the floor on the top for now. Draw a square line down on the front fascia board where you marked earlier for the sides of the table down the 1 1/8 inch ( or to the top of the outside TV box )on each side then draw a line level line between the vertical lines this is the notch you will cut out of the fascia. I used a battery cut off saw with wood blade from HF. Use some dark stain to touch up the raw edge so the wife doesn't complain.
Return to the table and remove the metal slide and up rights as one piece mine was held on with 8 stripped out screws so the table was ready to fall off anyway, and take out side and you cut off the bottom of the metal up right legs the 1/ 1/8 inch notch measurement PLUS PLUS PLUS the measurement you took earlier that the table side sat above the fascia board like I said mine was ½ inch.
This will make for a very tight fit to the top of the TV box but who cares, ( remember TIM ALLEN on Home Improvement show insert grunting sound here ).
Hold the metal slide up to the wall and legs resting on the floor for a test fit The top of the slide should now be level with the bottom of the notch you cut earlier in the fascia board if you measured and cut everything correctly. Screw the metal side and legs to the wall again with new holes as you have lowered the slide and the old holes won't line up anymore and be sure to leave a 1/16 inch difference in height so the table will slide back in the wall easily, have wife help and place the table back on the slide and reattach it with the screws . Your not done…………..
Go to lowes and buy table or chair leg floor protectors (see pic) I found some that were 3/8 inch tall and put them on the bottom of all the legs to raise the chairs a bit, this did help and you don't notice the height difference. Add all this up and you have a more comfortable dinning experience. Yes I know this sounds like a lot of work for a small gain in comfort but like I said in my earlier post the wife's happy now and we all know what that means…….
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0895.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	2412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0896.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	2413   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0898.jpg
Views:	49