View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
GaryM
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9975

Robbie, I must say thank you for those words and support. You being a dedicated Montana owner for many years. I was starting to feel like i was just talking to myself all the time.

I broke down and bought 4 Goodyear G614's today and I sure felt allot better. I had to drive for 2.5 hours today with no spare just waiting for one to blow, damaging my new panels. God was I happy to pull into the tire shop.
The stress has just gotten a little to much for me lately and I will have to take some time off from anything Montana related for some time.
When things get better I will take the RV into a axle shop to have what ever it takes done to align/straighten/brace my axles. The tire shop has written up a report on the tires and axles for my lawyer.
It appears that when the tire and rim came off the drum that some damage may have bean caused when the rear axle hit the road and all the weight of the rv on the one side was exerted onto the one axle, possibly a bent axle.
What ever the cost to get this RV back to a safe unit is my main goal now as the last 6 months have taken quite a toll on me.

Keystone and Dexter will receive an E-mail in regards to these issues and it will be up to one of them to do good on the costs of the repairs and upgrades.

What really gets me is that after all the problems I have had and some serious ones that there has not been one person from Keystone or Dexter to have the balls and talk to me about it, find out if things are going well or to just say hello of kiss my butt. Well, you Keystone, Dexter, Thor Executives go ahead and stay in your holes. My lawyer will find you.

Enough said, Take care everyone.

Gary

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sgrob47

Hey Rob, I know all about tire issues. So far the G614's are holding up good. I also hear, from Jeanne, that you guy's might be making the trip to Alaska with us next summer. Have a nice summer now that your done campground hosting for a while.
Steve

I don't believe it is only a tire issue, it is the way the axles are attached and held on to the frame plus the Mor/ryde suspension, lightweight axles and inadequate springs for the intended application. Amazing how a company can continue to justify putting this hazardous workmanship and material on a 13K lbs. rig without getting sued. The same type of continued craftsmanship goes into the continued decision to use cheap tires.

I agree with Gary. Montana's...bang for the buck is pretty good, but I would rather put my money into being safe rather than hoping for a good outcome with cheap equipment. Cheap equipment with care-less customer support spells "time-bomb" just looking for a place to explode.

Keystone, I'm disappointed in your poor customer support and your shoddy bookkeeping and inventory ethics. There, I said it!

We'll upgrade away from Keystone products without reservations, until then, we'll just hope and pray like the rest of you do for a safe outcome.

Robbie Simons
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote