View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #9
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkeen View Post
Wow, thanks everyone for the replies! OK, sounds like it's not that big of a deal because it's not staying in the sub-freezing temps all day, so I'll just have to run the LP furnace.

Question about running the LP furnace to keep the underbelly warmed up -- is it warmed up because the rest of the rig will be warm, or is there actually a vent that blows into the underbelly?

I wouldn't know where to look for such a vent if there is one. The bottom of my rig has some kind of sheet material to cover up the tanks and everything else.

Great tips on leaving the tank valves closed and put water in the fresh tank and use the pump. Will do!

I like the idea of putting a little ceramic heater in the water/storage area but should I be concerned about a fire hazard with leaving that on unattended? I see that Best Buy has a small desktop 600W ceramic heater for $19 which has an auto shutoff switch if it's knocked over. Would that work? Also, I don't recall seeing a 120V AC outlet in the pass-thru storage area.

Interesting comments that "four-season ready RV" is a marketing joke!
Of coarse I cant be sure on your unit, but most Montanas have a 2" flex line from the furnace into the underbelly to help keep the tanks warm.

A ceramic heater should not be an issue if you use common sense. Place it in a spot that is not close to any combustibles. I would check on it 1/2 hour after you place it, just to make sure.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote